Monday, August 4, 2014

Rascal Flatts on Their Favorite Tour Junk Food: Pizzas, Burgers and Ice Cream!

Rascal Flatts on Their Favorite Tour Junk Food: Pizzas, Burgers and Ice Cream!

 

Rascal Flatts Talk Junk Food While on Tour

 After 14 years of touring together, the guys of Rascal Flatts have become experts about life on the road – including its unhealthful temptations.

"On the road, we eat late and we don't eat as healthy as we should," says lead singer Gary LeVox. "When you get on the bus after the gig, every bus has got 10 pizzas on it. I don't know whoever came up with that brilliant idea, but now it's the standard."

Not that they're complaining. "We all freaking love pizza!" says guitarist Joe Don Rooney.

Now in the midst of their current cross-country Rewind tour, the three confess they all indulge in favorite foods whenever they're on the road.



"I'd rather have a burger than anything on the planet," says bassist Jay DeMarcus. "I like Five Guys, and Wendy's makes about the best fast-food burger you can get. My burger is simple – I'll get Five Guys with just cheese on it. And then a vat of ketchup and swoop it down into the ketchup!"

Ohio native LeVox says he favors hometown offerings: "For me, it's Donatos pizza – pepperoni, thin crust – and then Graeter's ice cream, toffee flavor."

But they also admit that all that indulgence does have a downside. "We've all suffered from frequent heartburn for a long time," says LeVox, who, along with his bandmates, are the new faces for heartburn medication Nexium 24HR.

"I can eat like crap whenever I want and I'm okay," jokes DeMarcus. 

No comments: